Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday 16 May 2013

Shanghai Noon

Feel free to experience Shanghai vicariously through these photos. 

Chinese food in China is hit-and-miss for me. About 20% of the food tastes like heaven, the rest is either mediocre or abysmal. But then again, I'm talking about restaurant food and it's a possibility that the tour guide is just taking us to the crappy restaurants. Street food is awesome though.

Hanging meat: one of the first things I saw in Shanghai.
 I really like this shopping street.
 Toffee fruits on a stick. Looks can be deceiving. I had a toffee apple stick and it was reallllly sour.
The infamous stinky tofu. Not as pungent or diarrhoea-looking as I thought it would be. Looked and smelled quite nice.
My coffee jelly and ice cream sundae from Haagen-Dazs.

Can't wait for the semester to be over. Looking forward to going to Singapore at the end of June (with the mother for a shopping holiday).

No comments:

Post a Comment