Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday 24 January 2013

Yakiniku Rokko Shinsaibashi

Yakiniku Rokko is a BBQ meat buffet restaurant in Shinsaibashi, Osaka. All-you-can-eat meat, condiments and side dishes, up to a time limit of 2 hours! And trust me, 2 hours is plenty of time to eat. Then again, I'm a fast eater and I breathe down food like it is air. 
The Boss man. 

Coincidentally, he used to live in Perth many years ago for work. His job was to buddy up to the fisherman and have meals with them. Awesome job. He's super friendly and kindly informed me of the awesomeness of Kobe and Arima-Onsen, which I subsequently visited. 
Unlimited supply of creamy potato salad. Love this! Japan has the best potato salad. Probably. Definitely.
Glorious meat! Our buffet plan included:

  • Wagyu beef 
  • Sliced rib eye beef
  • Sliced beef cheeks
  • Marinated spare ribs
  • Sliced skirt steak
  • Sliced short ribs
  • Beef heart
  • Beef stomach (could not stomach this)
  • Beef large intestine 
  • Pork neck meat
  • Pork ribs
  • Pork belly
  • Chicken 
  • Lamb 
  • Hamburger patties
  • Sausages
  • Potato salad
  • Kimchi
  • Assorted veggies
  • White rice
  • Sea weed soup

My buddies and I ate here twice! After generally eating (cheap but yummy) convenience store food, we had a meat craving only this eatery could satisfy.

And boy, were we satisfied.



No comments:

Post a Comment